State House of Assembly orders UNIOSUN to extend deadline for fees payment
The Osun State Assembly Chamber has ordered the Administration of Osun State University (UNIOSUN) to extend the deadline for the payment of school fees in the 2019/2020 academic session.
This was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the President, Mr. Kunle Alabi. He said the intervention was necessary to save college students who nearly lost their admission for missing the deadline.
According to him, “the Assembly decided to get involved in the complaints of the affected students, realizing the difficulty that the lock down could have caused parents and guardians to pay the school fees at the stipulated time.
“The assembly had received the message ‘Let’s save our soul’ through its recently established public claims resolution mechanism in line with the assembly’s legislative agenda,” he said.
“I also want to thank and congratulate the UNIOSUN leadership for being considerate and compassionate on this issue.
“We are all aware of what the lock down of the COVID-19 pandemic has caused to parents and guardians. This difficulty is not limited to Osun’s economy but to that of the world, “he said.
He added that the Seventh Assembly under his supervision will not shy away from involving citizens, saying that the House will be there to quickly respond to the discontent and requests of the people they represent.
- ASUU decline meeting with FG via zoom platform “see reasons”
- Imo declared as the highest number with JAMB malpractice candidates 2020
- Prosecution of candidates that indulged in JAMB 2020 Malpractice Interrupted by the Pandemic
- FG orders Vice Chancellors to ensure universities remain closed
- FG pays Nigerians on scholarship abroad
- Study in Germany “Cologne Sports Funding at Macromedia University of Applied Sciences 2020”