Sandwich Admission for 2020 Contact Session – UNILORIN
- 1 Sandwich Admission for 2020 Contact Session – UNILORIN
- 1.1 Available programmes and courses
- 1.2 Requirements for Admission
- 1.3 Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes
- 1.4 Requirements for admission
- 1.5 Cost of application
- 1.6 Mode of registration
- 1.7 Closing date for submission and sale of form
- 1.8 How to apply
- 1.9 More Recent Post
UNILORIN invites qualified candidates who wish to apply for admission into the under-listed programmes of the Institute of Education for the 2020 Sandwich Contact session. Below is detailed information on the available programmes and how you can apply for the programme.
Available programmes and courses
(A) Bachelor Degree Programmes
- B. A. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Arabic; Christian Studies; English; French; History; Islamic Studies; Social Studies; and Yoruba.
- B. Sc. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Agriculture; Biology; Business Education; Chemistry; Computer Science; Economics; Educational Technology; Geography; Health Education; Human Kinetics; Mathematics; Physics; Social Studies; and Technology Education (i.e.Wood work; Electrical Electronic; Metal work and Building).
- B. Ed. Degree Programmes in:
Primary Education Studies; Adult Education; Counsellor Education; and Educational Management.
(B) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET).
(C) Master of Education Degree Programmes:
Educational Guidance and Counselling; Educational Management; Primary Education; Educational Psychology; Measurement and Evaluation; History of Education; Arabic Education; Comparative Education; Sociology of Education; Social Studies; Curriculum Studies in Social Sciences Education; Religious Studies Education; English Language Education; Mother-Tongue Education; Curriculum Studies in Arts Education; Science Education (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics & Physics); Curriculum Studies in Educational Technology (with options in Assistive Technology, Distance Education, E-Learning and Instructional Technology); Physical Education (with options in Administration and Management of Sports, Human Kinetics Education, Exercise & Sports Sciences, Recreation, Leisure and Tourism), Health Education/Public Health Education (with options in Nutrition Education, Drug Education, Family Life and Reproductive Health, Community Health & Primary Health Care and School Health Education).
(D) Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
Arabic Education; Human Kinetics and Health Education; Photography; Instructional Radio and Television Production; and Creative Arts.
Requirements for Admission
B. A. (Ed.), B.Sc. (Ed.) and B. Ed. Degree Programmes
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with Credit in One or Two other relevant teaching subjects;
- “A” Level Passes in GCE/IJMB/NABTEB/JUPEB or its equivalent;
- ND/OND is also accepted for selected courses: Arabic, Christian Studies, History, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Islamic Studies, Computer Science Education, Educational Technology and Technology Education. In addition, an applicant must possess at least Five “O” Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects (see adverts on the Unilorin website for details).
The Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programme:
A Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University with a minimum of Third Class Honours degree is required. Higher National Diploma with at least an Upper Credit obtained from a recognised Polytechnic or an allied Institution is equally acceptable.
Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
- A Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed.; B.A. (Ed.); B.Sc. (Ed.); B. Tech (Ed.) with a minimum of Third Class Honours from the University of Ilorin or an equivalent Degree recognised by the Senate of the University of Ilorin.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.; B.Sc.; B. Tech) with a minimum of Third Class Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) recognised by the Senate of the University.
M.Ed. Degree Programmes
- A good First Degree in Education with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- A good First Degree in other disciplines with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit Level from a recognised University.
- Third Class Honours degree in Education with a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a Minimum of 60% pass grade as obtainable on the transcript); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
- Third Class Honours degree in other disciplines (B.A., B.Sc., B. Tech.; etc plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit level from a recognised University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a minimum of 60% pass grade as obtainable on the transcript); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes
Human Kinetics and Health Education
At least 5 “O” Level Credit passes at SSCE/GCE/TCII/NABTEB or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
- WASC/GCE/TCII (with at least 5 “O” Level Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics) or Credit/Merit in Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC) in at least Five subjects; one of which must be Arabic.
- Diploma in the teaching of Arabic or Islamic Studies of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is also acceptable.
Photography, Instructional Radio & Television Production and Creative Arts
At least 5 O’ Level Credit passes at SSCE/GCE/TCII/NABTEB or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
NB: Please note that at least a Credit pass in Mathematics and English at “O” Level in addition to 3 relevant subjects are required to qualify for admission into Sub-degree, Degree and Master Degree programmes.
Requirements for admission
Admission requirements are as indicated above. For more information, interested applicants should visit the Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on the Institute of Education portal for the online application.
All applicants applying for undergraduate admissions must register online with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Please note that registration does not imply participating in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (UTME). Visit the JAMB Facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility./Login and follow the necessary instructions.
APPLICATION METHOD FOR ALL PROGRAMS (MASTERS, DEGREE, POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA AND DEGREE DIPLOMA)
The application is online. Visit the Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on the Institute of Education portal for the appropriate page.
Cost of application
Postgraduate Studies and Postgraduate Diplomas = N 25,000.00
Undergraduate and Undergraduate Diplomas = N 10,000.00
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION MUST BE MADE ONLINE WITH THE ATM (MASTER CARD OR VISA CARD). NO CASH PAYMENT ALLOWED.
Mode of registration
Registration for admission is online on the Unilorin and JAMB websites.
Closing date for submission and sale of form
Graduate, Undergraduate, and Undergraduate Diploma: June 21, 2020
How to apply
More Recent Post
- Notice to members of staff on resumption of duty; Delta State University (DELSU)
- Study in UK: International Excellence Award at University of Salford 2020
- Three Uniport Students murdered and Buried in a Shallow Grave
- Admission list for 2019/2020 session IAUE (UTME/DE) 4th Batch
- 2019/2020 LASU batch B conversion degree (BSc/HND) admission list
- Study in UK: International Excellence Award at University of Salford 2020