Over 400 Staff Sacked – American University of Nigeria (AUN)
What an unforgettable tragedy as The American University of Nigeria, AUN, laid off 406 employees in one day for bankruptcy and the institution’s inability to generate income.
Affected staff received a letter in their mail on May 4, ending their employment. AUN staff, who were affected by the bag and spoke anonymously, said they were not given prior notice.
The letter was signed by AUN President Dawn Dekle after holding several meetings with the institution’s board of directors. The administration of the institution gave reasons for the sack as a lack of income generation.
It was also deduced that academic activities were not really affected by the closure, since the students of the institution were sent home before the closing, finished their semester and wrote their exams online.
- Study in Ghana: MasterCard Scholarships at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) 2020
- 2019/2020 newly admitted students at UNIOSUN to hold matriculation online
- Police officer allegedly kills a 500 level UNIZIK Law Student
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) to Switch lectures to E-learning
- Tips with picture presentation on how to excel in a Job Interview
- Reasons why you need to study past questions before your upcoming exam
- List of courses offered in Federal University of Technology (FUTO) with requirements for admission
- 2020 Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) Malawi scholarship programme by DAAD/LUANAR