Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) to Switch lectures to E-learning
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) has announced a change to online instruction mode to ensure that academic activities are not affected by the coronavirus epidemic (COVID-19).
Due to the Covid -19 pandemic and the directive of the Federal Ministry of Education for Universities to resume academic activities with the use of appropriate e-learning platforms; The University management has approved the use of this methodology for its academic activities.
The revolutionary development in the field of information and communication technology (ICT) has brought about a fundamental change in the field of education.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic that is raging the world, mainstream education is no longer perceived as the most ideal educational system.
Distance education, an educational pedagogy that goes back a long time, is gaining wider recognition, due to both the flexibility associated with it and the increasing use of ICT.
Distance learning programs have become even more popular in recent years as the Internet has become a reliable channel for learning. Although we have seen the emergence of many Open Universities, at the same time, distance education centers have also been created in dual-mode institutions.
That said, the Learning Management System (LMS) or E-learning platforms are specialized online platforms that support E-learning; that is, online learning and training delivery through content sharing and communication.
The major reasons why you should welcome E-learning platform
- Flexibility: online training courses can be taken at the convenience of both the student and the teacher. This guarantees flexibility in terms of time and effort.
- Easy on the pocket: traditional courses require a lot of planning, physical copies of materials, transportation and logistics. This results in a higher cost / benefit ratio. The virtual learning environment will reduce costs, reduce logistics, and encourage accountability.
- Online Support: Online course trainers and teachers can email and interact with them when participants have any questions necessary for professional development.
- Easy to accessibility: downloadable online notes, online support, online interaction, playable training videos, and assessments / quizzes that can be taken anytime during the course to help professionals learn better and faster .
Consequently, students and teachers are encouraged to prepare for this new method of teaching and learning.
- In addition, students are required to join the MOUAU Student E Learning support group on Telegram by clicking on the link below. https://t.me/joinchat/Prp0MhhzAW8ZD2PhU9BlxQ
- Each student must update their profile data on the portal, especially their current functional email address https://mouauportal.edu.ng/login.php
- All students must download the Zoom application using this link https://zoom.us/download or from Google or Apple store and become familiar with the application
- Zoom also supports bandwidth.
You will receive further instructions on the MOUAU website and other information channels soon.
STAY IN TUNE STAY SAFE !!!
Prof. Gideon Onuekwusi
Director of Information and Communication Technology.
MOUAU official website
- Reasons why you need to study past questions before your upcoming exam
- Tips with picture presentation on how to excel in a Job Interview
- 2020/2021 University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan School of Nursing Admission Form
- Federal Government receives 3.5 Billion remitted by JAMB
- Sandwich Admission for 2020 Contact Session – UNILORIN
- Learning Resources for Newly Admitted Students, 2019/2020 Session made available by UI