Fake News: IMSU start revoking admission of 2019/2020 students
Please if you are a student of Imo State University, Kindly disregard the news of admission revoke by the institution for 2019/2020 students, for such information has be declared fake news by the institution.
Greetings to all the students, freshmen, and members of the university community at Imo State University (IMSU).
Although the nation, and now our beloved Imo State, maintains its aggressive response in the fight against the new coronavirus, it is of great importance to keep in mind that:
- Imo State University (IMSU), following the directive of the Nigerian University Commission (NUC) on the closure of academic activities of tertiary institutions, has been in an indefinite Kipplockdown of academic activities since Monday, March 23, 2020, which implies 2019/2020 exams are suspended and academic activities are suspended.
- Since March 23, 2020, when IMSU declared the closure indefinite, the school has not engaged in any form of academic exercise or activity consistent with the federal government and NUC directives.
- The publication / report that circulates on multiple social platforms that IMSU is revoking the admission of 2019/2020 students does not have an iota of authenticity, is false and must be discarded in its entirety since IMSU is not in session and, for Therefore, you cannot perform administrative and academic regulatory tasks like this.
- In addition to the fact that IMSU’s administrative and academic units do not function as a result of the closure, a regulation such as “revocation of admission” will require the approval of the Office of the Vice Chancellor; the register; the Deputy Academic Vice Chancellor and the Admission Officer before he appeared before the Senate for approval and these officers and, in fact, the Senate cannot operate when an indefinite blockage of academic activities is in full effect.
- While the university’s official website may occasionally experience updates that may affect some functionality on the site such as a distortion of students’ personal data, such as “school fees not yet paid,” the university has never revoked and It will not revoke the admission of legitimate students who were offered admission to the university.
- In the same way, IMSU will not offer admission to students who improved their jamb scores, falsified information or engaged in fraudulent practices that could affect the legitimacy of their admission and will not hesitate to systematically withdraw the admission of confirmed persons any trace of such illegalities. The cases of level 100 students that the school portal tells them “have been withdrawn from the university. Visit the intake office for further instructions “is a clear illustration of the IMSU long arm catching up on students with false admission.
- Legitimately admitted freshmen or level 100 students receiving such messages should note that there is no cause for alarm, as the problem will be systematically fixed by the site or as soon as the university resumes academic activities.
- Stay safe and follow all safety measures communicated by our medical staff so that we can flatten the curve and stop the spread of the corona virus.
Comr. Duru Victor,
SUG Information Director,
Imo State University.
- Popkinzy – Odoyewu MP3 Free Download
- Postgraduate Registration Notice to New and Returning Students, 2019/2020 – LASU
- Fellowships for Nigerian students 2020 at Hubert H. Humphrey – USA
- WAEC unmask scandal on Cancellation of 2020 May/June SSCE and Refund of Fees
- Nekede: 2020/2021 Admission into full-time Higher National Diploma (HND)