NYSC mandatory and essential requirement for orientation camp
Are you looking forward to going to NYSC camp? Before you get carried away with the thrill of this, there are some important NYSC camp requirements that you should know. The worst thing any aspirant can do is come to the camp and discover that they have left behind some things that would have made life easier or worse, they have left some important documents that make their registration impossible.
If you have already received your call-up letter and are packing for camp, you will need a checklist of all NYSC camp requirements to make your registration and life at NYSC camp as smooth as possible. The following list of things to bring to NYSC camp can act as your checklist.
List of items Needed for NYSC Orientation Camp
The NYSC Orientation Camp lasts for three weeks and all prospective members of the corps should arrive well prepared for the weeks at camp.
At the registration point, each prospective member will receive NYSC clothing. While this is all good, we are all human and one will need much more than these to survive the next three weeks. Here are a couple of things that, while not broadcast at the entry point, are very essential to your stay at camp.
This list of things to take to the NYSC camp has been divided into two; mandatory items and essential items.
Mandatory Things Needed for NYSC Camp
These items are necessary for you to complete your registration at NYSC Orientation Camp:
- NYSC Call Letter: Among all NYSC requirements to remember, your call letter is the most important. You are required to have the original copy and the photocopies you made. Without this letter, you will not be allowed to enter. This document acts as proof that you are, in fact, a prospect and not a copycat. Do not laminate your call-up letter. Doing so can make your chances of enrollment very slim. In some cases, people have been sent back home and others have been allowed, but only after hours and even days of begging for the opportunity.
- School identity card: you must also have the original and photocopies of it. The ID card acts as proof that you graduated from the institution indicated on your certificate.
- Statements of statements or certificates: for this, make sure you have the original copy plus six photocopies of your statement of your result / certificate of the course you studied.
- Passport Photographs: It is recommended that you go with your recent passport photographs. Have about 20 images taken on a white background. The reason for so many images is because you will need to attach one at different registration points, eg. skill acquisition groups, religious groups, sports, opening bank accounts, etc.
- Certificates and / or licenses: For doctors, pharmacists, nurses and laboratory scientists, take your proof of certification with you. Graduates of Medicine and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN) and the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) respectively.
- Medical Certificate of Fitness: You must obtain a medical certificate from a government or military hospital to show your current health status.
In addition to the mandatory items, you will need more things to help you during your stay. These essentials will help you stay clean, counteract boredom, and act as a form of first aid in case you need them.
Essential things to bring to NYSC camp
Unlike the previous requirements, these requirements are not mandatory. Having these things with you will lessen the burden of your daily activities and camping schedules. They will also help you save money, as things at NYSC camp typically sell for a higher price.
Its essential elements will include:
- File jackets
- White Round Neck T-Shirts: In most camps, this is the only garment that can be worn at all times. While you will be given two shirts in your NYSC kit, they are not enough and the quality may not be the best. Additional shirts will help keep you warm, if necessary, and prevent you from having to do laundry every day
- White shorts and socks: Like t-shirts, bringing an extra pair of shorts and socks keeps stress from clothing at bay
- White Sneakers or Tennis Shoes: Prospects are delivered with shoes, however pairs provided may not be the size of your shoe. Wearing yours will help if you are among the unlucky ones to receive a pair that is too big or too small.
- Underwear: Be sure to pack more than you think will suffice. You never know what can happen
- Padlocks: It is always a good idea to keep your things locked. You never know if someone could steal yours.
- Toiletries: these include toilet paper, sanitary pads and tampons for ladies, a soap dish, a pair of slippers, etc.
- Treated mosquito net: keeps mosquitoes away and reduces the chances of contracting malaria.
- Antiseptics / disinfectants like Dettol are very important. They reduce your chances of getting infections in the bathrooms. Also, get a hand sanitizer.
- Cash and ATM cards: You never know what cash needs may come from the camp, so it is always a good idea to have some extra cash to spend.
- Waist bag – You need it to carry your money, phone, small valuables, pens, etc. at all times. Free your hands and allow you to carry out your activities without any hindrance.
- Flashlight / rechargeable lamps. If you go with a flashlight that uses batteries, you should carry enough batteries with you.
- Phone charger / power bank. If possible, you can use an additional battery for your mobile phone.
- Provisions like cereals and other snacks are essential. This is just in case you need to supplement the food you will receive at the camp
- Bedding: Includes items like sheets, pillowcases, pillows, and a wrap or blanket.
- Medical kit containing medications such as multivitamins, pain relievers or pain relievers, antibiotics, prescription malaria tablets, flush pills, and other medications you need to cope with (especially if you know you have some conditions), cotton, bandages, methylated spirits, and other things you think you might need personally.
- Place the plate as a flask, a spoon, and a drinking cup or flask.
- Entertainment: For lovers of reading, novels are a great way to entertain yourself during your free time. Music lovers can use their headphones. You can also bring some board games.
- Additional SIM cards: depends on where you are posted to serve. An additional SIM card is only required if your current network does not work where your camp will be.
Once you are done with registration, you will receive a NYSC Kit and a mattress.
- JAMB consolidates CAPS mobile app to speed up the admissions process
- Requirement and Eligibility Details for Anchor University Post-UTME/DE 2020 Application
- Adeyemi College of Education (ACE), Ondo, begins online lectures for students
- JAMB Reveals Date for the Official Announcement of JAMB 2020 Cut-off Mark.
- JAMB RESULT 2020 IS OUT = CHECKING PROCEDURES VIA SMS
Your NYSC kit will contain the subsequent items:
- Two round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts
- Two pairs of NYSC white shorts
- One NYSC crested vest
- Pair of NYSC khaki (jacket, belt, and trousers)
- Crested NYSC cap
- One pair of jungle boots
These are all the mandatory and essentials items that you simply need when you get to camp.