2020 Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) Malawi scholarship programme by DAAD/LUANAR
- 1 2020 Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) Malawi scholarship programme by DAAD/LUANAR
- 1.1 Deadline for Application
- 1.2 Countries that can enroll
- 1.3 Scholarship Category
- 1.4 Scholarship Country
- 1.5 Fields of Studies available
- 1.6 Scholarship Number
- 1.7 Benefit of Award
- 1.8 Qualification for the award
- 1.9 How to apply
- 1.10 Scholarship Official Website
- 1.11 More Scholarship Update
Here comes a wonderful scholarship for Sub-Saharan and African countries at the Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) Malawi scholarship programme. This scholarship programme is sponsored by DAAD/LUANAR. Below is all you need to know about the scholarship and how to enroll efficiently.
The program aims to foster strong and internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are awarded for development-related master’s or doctoral studies for individuals planning to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in sub-Saharan Africa.
Deadline for Application
Interested candidates should apply before 2nd June 2020 or losses the chances to enroll
Countries that can enroll
Sub-Saharan and African countries only are eligible for application
Only those that want to do their Masters, PhD are needed
This scholarship will be received at Malawi
Fields of Studies available
The fields available in the scholarships include
- PhD in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science
- Master of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries Science
Out of the total number that will apply only 18 people will qualify
Benefit of Award
This award is Fully-funded by DAAD/LUANAR
Qualification for the award
The candidate Must
- Have generally successfully completed a three-year university degree (master’s degree candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above-average results (at least: second class / higher division)
- They must be nationals or permanent residents of a sub-Saharan African country
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- Have a deep knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have generally completed their last college degree no more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Should generally be a) a member of the staff of a public university, b) a candidate considered for the recruitment of teaching or research staff, c) from the public sector, d) DAFI students
How to apply
The application process contains two steps. Please note the two application deadlines.
Applicants must apply for their studies at Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) using the contacts and method prescribed by the institution. Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) has set its own deadlines.
Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) will provide shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD Portal. Only short-listed candidates must log in to the DAAD portal, register, and submit a DAAD application. DAAD
Documents to present in English
- DAAD application form duly completed (available on the DAAD Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (use the European sample form at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Letter of recommendation from university professors (Master 1, PhD 2)
- Admission letter for the destination university.
- Certified copies of university degree certificates, including transcripts.
- Motivation letter (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport.
- if applicable, information on UNHCR registration as a refugee
Doctoral candidates must submit the following additional documents
- Declaration of acceptance of the academic supervisor.
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and timeline (if applicable: mention planned research stay in Germany, see
- Proposal summary on one page (include proposal name and title)
Scholarship Official Website
More Scholarship Update
- Scholarship at Edo University Iyamho 2020 Fully funded
- Study in Africa Plant Nutrition Scholarship Program 2020
- Study in UK: Open World Scholarships at Norwich business school 2020